Friday, August 18, 2017
Should we ever find ourselves in a
situation, where food is scarce or rationed, you’ll need alternative food sources. Many believe they’ll go hunting for extra meat to eat. Trouble is so will every other hunter and the game will be quickly depleted, plus I doubt the acting government in charge will allow you to be in public with a gun. Venezuela
Another source for food is fishing. If you're fortunate and live near lakes, rivers, or like myself next to major water like the Intracoastal Waterway and the
Atlantic Ocean and have reasonable fishing skills you’ll have more fish than you can eat.
I came across this video below that shows how to make a simple fish trap made from PVC pipe and two-liter bottles. Interesting, and it gives you the ability to fish all night without being there. Note, this is probably illegal so be careful.
Also in the videos side bar they make traps for snakes, and yes snakes taste good. I believe this video was taken in
Saturday, August 12, 2017
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
It reminds me of the Cuban Missile Crisis, it was a very serious situation then. We were dealing with sane people back then, but today the NoKo leadership are full blown nut cases.
We also find out today that NoKo has 10-20 miniature nuke warheads that can be delivered by their current missiles with the ability to reach the east coast. And don’t forget NoKo has subs that can deliver nukes. If we were issued an attack warning we would have only minutes till detonation.
If an EMP attack were to happen and it was only 25% as devastating as suggested it could be, we will as a country lose millions of citizens and the country may never recover from just one let alone multiple targets.
I suggest we review our preps now and restock accordingly with food, water, camping gear and plenty of propane for cooking and water sterilization.
Below are two links to articles about EMP that are located in my sidebar. Worth your time to review.
The EMP Threat to
Canada and the : USA
EMP Pulse Event:http://livingprepared.blogspot.com/2010/08/emp-pulse-event.html
Thursday, August 3, 2017
1. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is a great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest or Google Maps really need to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection... again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time, while half asleep.
23. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important. (Ladies .. Quit Laughing! )
It just gets better as you get older, doesn't it?
I was in a Starbucks Coffee recently when my stomach started rumbling and I realized that I desperately needed to fart. The place was packed, but the music was really loud so to get relief and reduce embarrassment I timed my farts to the beat of the music. After a couple of songs I started to feel much better. I finished my coffee and noticed that everyone was staring at me. I suddenly remembered that I was listening to my IPod (with ear piece) - and how was your day?
(This is what happens when old people start using technology!)
I Would Like To Add One.
At What Point-In-Life Do We Become "OLD PEOPLE" ? It seems like I've been "Middle Aged" most of my life!