Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Composting Toilet



For years I have read about them, but I still don’t personally know anybody who owns and uses one who I can ask questions about it. For myself, I use the bucket method. Below are three people who use them full-time and if you review all three they will answer all your questions about the system.

The first one/video:
Is the unboxing of a brand new one. Clearly shows what you get when you open the box (a Bob Wells video)

The second one/video:
Is a couple who discuss (honestly) what it has been like after one year of use. I think it’s the best of all three.

The third one/video:
The couple answers lots of questions and answers about the composting toilet. I have copied a little text as there is a lot of good info there, such as toilet paper use, just how much power the vent fan consumes in 24 hours and how often do they have to empty it.


#1  Unboxing and Review of Natures Head Composting Toilet
Information by: Bob Wells, http://www.cheaprvliving.com


#2  Composting Toilet in our RV: How we really feel after a year
Information by: The Fit RV, https://www.thefitrv.com


#3  Composting Toilet FAQ and Debunking Myths
Information by: www.gonewiththewynns.com
Link: https://www.gonewiththewynns.com/compost-toilet-big-questions



3 comments:

  1. You can't get any more lo-tech than the old "slop jar!" With an upstairs bedroom and a downstairs bathroom, I use a drywall bucket for urine only. It sure makes the grass grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike we had one! Had being the operative word. When I first met Mtn Man he had a CT. Being a bachelor, he used it sparingly. I enter the scene and the thing gets used daily and multiple times a day....watering the tulips ya know. Well, we did not have it for long!! He came home one afternoon with his buddy and the CT was sitting on the back porch, cleaned and ready for its new home. Never again! I prefer an out house unless I can have running water toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi M.E., good to see your started your bog again.
      Thanks for the comment. I wondered what the CT limits are, nobody talks about them not handling several people let alone 2-3 kids. Maybe they're too embarrassed to tell the truth after spending $900.00 for one.

      Delete